Welcome to our comprehensive guide on defeating General Graardor in Old School RuneScape (OSRS). General Graardor is the fearsome leader of the Bandos faction and resides in the God Wars Dungeon. In this guide, we will cover everything you need to know about taking down this formidable boss, including recommended gear, inventory setups, combat strategies, and more. Let's get started!
Before attempting to fight General Graardor, make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Completion of the "Death Plateau" quest to access the God Wars Dungeon.
- High combat stats are recommended:
- Attack: 80+
- Strength: 80+
- Defense: 70+
- Hitpoints: 70+
A solid gear setup is essential for a successful battle against General Graardor. Here's what we recommend:
- Helm: Verac's Helm > Neitiznot Helmet > Helm of Neitiznot
- Amulet: Fury > Glory
- Cape: Fire Cape > Ardougne Cloak > Legends' Cape
- Body: Bandos Chestplate > Torag's Platebody > Fighter Torso
- Legs: Bandos Tassets > Verac's Plateskirt > Dragon Platelegs
- Boots: Primordial Boots > Dragon Boots > Climbing Boots
- Gloves: Barrows Gloves > Regen Bracelet > Combat Bracelet
- Ring: Berserker Ring (i) > Warrior Ring (i)
- Weapon: Blade of Saeldor > Abyssal Tentacle > Dragon Scimitar
- Shield (optional): Crystal Shield > Dragon Defender
An optimized inventory setup will ensure your longevity in the fight. Here's a suggested inventory:
- Saradomin Brews - 4 to 6 flasks:
- These will restore your Hitpoints and temporarily boost your Defense level.
- Super Restore Potions - 2 to 4 flasks:
- These will replenish your Prayer points and restore any reduced stats.
- Prayer Potions - 1 to 2 flasks:
- These are essential for sustaining your Prayer points throughout the battle.
- Stamina Potions - 1 to 2 flasks:
- These will increase your running energy, allowing you to move efficiently.
- Emergency Food - Sharks or better:
- Use these as a backup in case your Saradomin Brews run out.
When facing General Graardor, it's crucial to employ the right combat strategy. Here's a step-by-step breakdown:
- Protection Prayers:
- Before entering the boss room, activate Protect from Missiles or Protect from Melee, depending on the minions you encounter.
- Luring Minions:
- General Graardor is accompanied by three bodyguards: Sergeant Strongstack, Sergeant Steelwill, and Sergeant Grimspike. Lure them away from General Graardor to engage them separately.
- Attacking General Graardor:
- Once the minions are separated, focus on attacking General Graardor with your best melee or ranged attacks.
- Deal damage while simultaneously prioritizing staying alive by sipping Saradomin Brews and using protection prayers.
- Managing Special Attacks:
- General Graardor has two special attacks: Ranged projectile and Melee area-of-effect slam.
- When you see the ranged attack animation, move away to avoid being hit. For the melee slam, it's best to use the "Protect from Melee" prayer.
- Prayer and Potion Management:
- Regularly monitor your Prayer points and restore them with Prayer Potions when necessary.
- Sip Saradomin Brews and Super Restores as needed to maintain your Hitpoints and stat levels.
- Killing Minions:
- Once General Graardor falls below 50% health, he will start healing himself while calling for reinforcements.
- Focus on killing the minions first, as they can be dangerous if left unchecked.
- Finishing Off General Graardor:
- Resume attacking General Graardor once the minions are dealt with.
- Continue the battle, managing your resources until General Graardor is defeated.
Defeating General Graardor can yield various valuable drops, including:
- Bandos Chestplate
- Bandos Tassets
- Bandos Boots
- Godsword Shards (1, 2, and