Are you an Ironman in Old School RuneScape (OSRS) looking to level up your Construction skill? Look no further! In this guide, we'll provide you with all the information you need to efficiently train Construction as an Ironman. Let's get started!
Introduction to Construction
Construction is a versatile skill in OSRS that allows you to build and customize your own player-owned house (POH). As an Ironman, you won't be able to rely on the Grand Exchange to obtain materials, so gathering resources will be a crucial part of your journey.
Before diving into training, make sure you have the following essential items:
- A hammer: Required for most construction actions.
- Saw: Used for more advanced construction tasks.
- Coins: You'll need coins to hire servants, purchase materials, and complete various construction actions.
As an Ironman, you'll need to gather your own materials for Construction. Here are some efficient methods to obtain them:
- Logs: Chop trees and use a saw at a sawmill to convert logs into planks.
- Clue Scrolls: Completing clue scrolls can reward you with valuable construction materials.
- Farming: Grow oak, teak, or mahogany trees in your farming patches and cut them down for logs.
Now let's explore different training methods and their associated requirements.
Levels 1-33: Basic Furniture
To start off, you'll be building basic furniture. Here's what you should focus on during this stage:
Construct wooden chairs (level 1), bookcases (level 4), and oak chairs (level 19).
- Materials needed: Logs, nails, and soft clay.
- XP rates per hour: Around 10,000-15,000 XP.
Build oak larders (level 33) for storing food.
- Materials needed: Oak planks, nails, and iron bars.
- XP rates per hour: Approximately 25,000-30,000 XP.
Levels 33-52: Oak Furniture
Once you reach level 33, shift your focus to oak furniture. Here's what you can construct:
Oak workbenches (level 32) for repairing Barrows equipment.
- Materials needed: Oak planks, nails, and bolts of cloth.
- XP rates per hour: Expect around 35,000-45,000 XP.
Oak dungeon doors (level 74) to expand your POH basement.
- Materials needed: Oak planks, steel bars, and molten glass.
- XP rates per hour: Approximately 50,000-60,000 XP.
Levels 52-99: Mahogany Furniture
Once you reach level 52, it's time to move on to mahogany furniture, which provides more substantial Construction XP. Here are some key items to build:
Mahogany tables (level 52) for faster and more efficient training.
- Materials needed: Mahogany planks and bolts of cloth.
- XP rates per hour: Around 70,000-80,000 XP.
Gilded altars (level 75) for Prayer training.
- Materials needed: Limestone bricks, gold leaves, and marbles.
- XP rates per hour: Approximately 90,000-100,000 XP.
Mahogany fancy dress boxes (level 88) for storing costumes.
- Materials needed: Mahogany planks, bolts of cloth, and gold leaves.
- XP rates per hour: Expect around 120,000-140,000 XP.
Utilize the "Remove" option: If you need to move or replace furniture, use the "Remove" option instead of destroying it to save resources.
Hire a Demon Butler: Once you have the funds, hire a Demon Butler from the Servants' Guild in Ardougne. The Demon Butler can greatly speed up your training by fetching items and materials for you.
Quests with Construction XP rewards: Complete quests like "The Eyes of Glouphrie" (Construction XP reward: 15,000) and "Making Friends with My Arm" (Construction XP reward: 10,000) to gain additional Construction XP.
Congratulations! You now have a comprehensive guide to efficiently train Construction as an Ironman in OSRS. Remember to plan your goals, gather resources, and enjoy building your own unique player-owned house. Good luck on your construction journey!