Agility is an important skill in Old School RuneScape (OSRS) that allows players to navigate the game world more efficiently. By training Agility, you can unlock shortcuts, increase your run energy regeneration rate, and access exclusive areas. In this guide, we'll walk you through the basics of Agility training, including the best methods, XP rates per hour, items needed, and requirements.
What is Agility?
Agility is a skill that measures a player's ability to move quickly and gracefully. As your Agility level increases, you'll be able to perform agility obstacles with ease, saving time when traveling and completing quests. Additionally, higher Agility levels decrease the rate at which your run energy depletes, allowing you to run for longer durations.
How to Train Agility
Gnome Stronghold Agility Course
One of the first Agility courses available to low-level players is the Gnome Stronghold Agility Course. Located northwest of Ardougne, this course offers decent XP rates and requires level 1 Agility to start. Here's how to complete the course:
- Start by climbing the tree branch obstacle.
- Cross the balancing rope carefully.
- Squeeze through the pipe shortcut.
- Swing across the log balance.
- Climb up the netting to finish the lap.
By consistently completing laps on the Gnome Stronghold Agility Course, you can gain around 7,000-10,000 Agility XP per hour.
Canifis Rooftop Agility Course
Once you reach level 40 Agility, you can move on to the Canifis Rooftop Agility Course. It is located in Morytania and offers better XP rates compared to the Gnome Stronghold course. To complete the Canifis course:
- Climb the tall tree.
- Jump across the wall.
- Scale the rooftop agility obstacles.
- Cross the gap between buildings using the jump shortcut.
- Swing on the flagpole to reach the final platform.
Training at the Canifis Rooftop Agility Course can provide you with approximately 35,000-40,000 Agility XP per hour.
Other Training Methods
As you progress further, you can explore additional Agility courses such as the Seers' Village Rooftop Course, Ardougne Rooftop Course, and the advanced Agility courses in the Wilderness. Each course has its own unique requirements and XP rates, so choose the one that suits your level and preferences.
Tips for Efficient Training
Here are some tips to optimize your Agility training:
- Energy Potions: Bring energy potions or stamina potions to replenish your run energy, allowing you to complete laps faster.
- Weight-Reducing Gear: Wearing weight-reducing gear like the Graceful outfit or Boots of Lightness decreases your overall weight, which affects how quickly your run energy depletes.
- Summer Pies: Consuming summer pies provides a temporary Agility boost, allowing you to access higher-level courses at lower Agility levels.
- Agility Pyramid: Once you reach level 30 Agility, consider training at the Agility Pyramid in the Kharidian Desert. It offers decent XP rates and can be a profitable alternative.
Remember, training Agility takes time and patience. Set realistic goals and enjoy the journey of improving this valuable skill.
Agility is a vital skill in Old School RuneScape, granting players improved mobility and access to various shortcuts. By following the training methods outlined in this guide and implementing the suggested tips, you'll be well on your way to becoming an agile adventurer. So don't wait, get out there and start training your Agility today!
Note: Experience rates mentioned are approximate and can vary based on player efficiency and other factors.