Welcome to this comprehensive guide on blackjacking in Old School RuneScape (OSRS). In this guide, we will cover the basics of blackjacking, including what it is, how to do it, the experience rates per hour, and the items and requirements you'll need. So let's get started on your journey to becoming a skilled blackjackist!
What is Blackjacking?
Blackjacking is a thieving method in OSRS that involves using a blackjack weapon to knock out NPCs and then pickpocket them while they are unconscious. This technique allows players to gain Thieving experience quickly and efficiently.
Before you embark on your blackjacking adventure, there are a few requirements you need to meet:
- Level 45 Thieving: To start blackjacking, you must have at least level 45 Thieving.
- The Feud Quest: Completing The Feud quest is essential because it unlocks the ability to use blackjack weapons.
To successfully blackjack, you will require the following items:
- Blackjack Weapon: There are three types of blackjack weapons available in Old School RuneScape - the ordinary blackjack, offensive blackjack, and defensive blackjack. We recommend starting with the ordinary blackjack as it requires no additional quests or items to obtain. You can buy an ordinary blackjack from Ali Morrisane's store in Al Kharid.
- Gloves of Silence: These gloves increase your chances of successfully pickpocketing NPCs. You can craft them by using two dark kebbit furs on a needle with thread.
How to Blackjack
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to blackjack effectively:
- Travel to Pollnivneach: Head to the town of Pollnivneach. You can reach it by using magic carpets or by walking south from Shantay Pass.
- Find and lure an NPC: Look for a suitable NPC to blackjack. Menaphite Thugs are a popular choice due to their relatively low hitpoints and decent experience rates. It's recommended to have a few food items with you for healing purposes.
- Stun the NPC: Once you find an NPC, equip your blackjack and right-click on them to "Knock-Out" or "Lure." If successful, the NPC will become unconscious and ready for pickpocketing.
- Pickpocket the NPC: While the NPC is unconscious, right-click on them and select "Pickpocket." Repeat this action until you fail or they wake up. If you fail, quickly click away to avoid being attacked.
- Knock out again (optional): If the NPC wakes up, you can try stunning them again to continue pickpocketing.
The experience rates for blackjacking can vary depending on your Thieving level and efficiency. Here are some approximate experience rates per hour at different Thieving levels:
- Level 45-70: Up to 80,000 XP per hour
- Level 70-91: Up to 180,000 XP per hour
- Level 91-99: Up to 250,000 XP per hour
Remember, these rates may vary based on your speed and proficiency.
Blackjacking is a fast and efficient method to train Thieving in Old School RuneScape. With this guide, you now have a solid understanding of what blackjacking is, the requirements and items needed, how to perform it, and the experience rates you can expect. So grab your blackjack weapon, head to Pollnivneach, and start leveling up your Thieving skill today!
Happy gaming, and may your pockets be ever full of loot!