Welcome to the ultimate guide for leveling up your Hunter skill in Old School RuneScape (OSRS). Whether you're a beginner or an experienced player looking to improve your hunting skills, this guide will provide you with all the information you need to become a proficient hunter.
Introduction to Hunter Skill
Hunter is a skill in OSRS that allows players to catch various creatures and animals across the game world. By leveling up your Hunter skill, you can gain access to valuable resources, complete quests, and even obtain rare items. It's a versatile skill that offers both profitable opportunities and unique gameplay experiences.
To begin your journey as a hunter, you'll need to meet a few requirements and gather some essential items:
- Level 1 Agility
- Completion of the quest "The Restless Ghost" (to access the Varrock Museum)
- Small fishing net
- Butterfly net
- Bird snares
- Box traps
There are several training methods available for leveling up your Hunter skill. Let's explore some of the most effective ones:
1. Bird House Trapping
Bird house trapping is a great method for low-level hunters. Here's how it works:
- Visit Fossil Island using a Digsite Pendant or by taking a boat from Port Sarim.
- Head to the bird houses located near the southern part of the island.
- Set up your bird snares in the designated spots and wait for them to catch birds.
- Check the birdhouses after approximately 20 minutes to collect your loot.
- Repeat the process by setting up more bird snares.
XP Rates: Bird house trapping can yield around 30,000-40,000 Hunter XP per hour.
2. Butterfly Netting
Butterfly netting is an excellent method for mid-level hunters. Follow these steps to catch butterflies:
- Travel to the Butterfly Hunter area located in the Puro-Puro realm.
- Equip your butterfly net and enter Puro-Puro through the wheat field entrances found across Gielinor.
- Capture butterflies by clicking on them when they land on flowers.
- Use your net to catch implings that appear while hunting butterflies.
- Trade captured implings with the Elnock Inquisitor for Hunter XP and additional rewards.
XP Rates: Butterfly netting can provide you with approximately 50,000-60,000 Hunter XP per hour.
3. Tracking and Hunting
Tracking and hunting is a more advanced method suitable for higher-level hunters. Here's what you need to do:
- Obtain a hunter potion to boost your tracking ability.
- Visit different hunting areas such as Feldip Hills or the Woodland area.
- Look for tracks and use them to find your target creature.
- Set up box traps to catch your prey.
- Continue hunting and catching creatures to gain valuable XP and loot.
XP Rates: Tracking and hunting can offer around 70,000-90,000 Hunter XP per hour, depending on your level and proficiency.
Tips and Tricks
To maximize your hunting efficiency, consider the following tips:
- Complete quests like "Eagles' Peak" and "The Fremennik Isles" to unlock new hunting methods and areas.
- Use hunter potions and other boosts to increase your chances of success.
- Keep a knife and axe in your inventory for various hunting activities.
- Join a hunter-oriented clan or engage with the OSRS community to exchange tips and advice.
Congratulations! You now have all the knowledge you need to embark on your journey as a skilled hunter in Old School RuneScape. Remember to start with bird house trapping and gradually progress to more advanced methods like butterfly netting and tracking. With dedication and practice, you'll become a master of the Hunter skill and enjoy the many rewards it offers. Happy hunting!
*[XP Rates]: Experience rates per hour *[OSRS]: Old School RuneScape