Are you looking for an efficient way to train your Magic skill in Old School RuneScape? Look no further! In this guide, we will walk you through the art of splashing, a popular method utilized by players to gain Magic experience without actively engaging in combat. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced player, this guide will provide you with all the information you need to start splashing like a pro.
What is Splashing?
Splashing is a technique that allows you to gain Magic experience by casting spells on an opponent without actually dealing damage. This method is commonly used by players who want to level up their Magic skill while performing other tasks, such as studying or completing quests.
Before diving into splashing, there are a few requirements you need to meet:
- Magic Level: To begin splashing, you must have at least level 1 Magic.
- Spells: You will need some basic spells to perform the splashing method. The most commonly used spell for splashing is "Wind Strike." It requires only one Air Rune and one Mind Rune per cast.
Now that we have covered the basics, let's move on to the step-by-step process of setting up a successful splashing session.
Step 1: Gear and Inventory Setup
To get started with splashing, you'll need specific gear and items:
- Armor: Wear armor pieces with negative magical attack bonuses. The lower your magical accuracy, the more consistent your splashes will be. Examples of gear suitable for splashing include Bronze Platelegs, Leather Gloves, and Wooden Shield.
- Staff: Equip yourself with a staff that provides unlimited runes, such as the Beginner's Staff or Staff of Air.
- Runes: Bring an ample supply of Air Runes and Mind Runes in your inventory. The number of runes required depends on the duration of your splashing session.
Step 2: Choosing an NPC to Splash
Selecting the right NPC is crucial for effective splashing. You need to find a non-aggressive target that can be attacked without retaliation. Here are a few recommended options:
- Rats: Lumbridge cellar rats are commonly chosen due to their low Magic Defense.
- Spiders: Tutorial Island spiders, located in the Lumbridge Swamp, are another popular choice.
- Giant Rats: Found in various locations across Gielinor, giant rats also make suitable targets for splashing.
Step 3: Finding a Safe Spot
Once you have chosen your target, it's time to locate a safe spot where you can continuously cast spells without interruption. Look for positions where the NPC cannot reach you or areas where they are unable to attack back.
Step 4: Casting Spells
With the setup complete, it's time to begin splashing! Follow these steps to maximize your Magic experience gains:
- Position: Stand in the designated safe spot you found earlier.
- Attack NPC: Click on the NPC to initiate combat.
- Enable Auto Retaliate: Make sure the "Auto Retaliate" option is disabled in your settings so that your character does not attack back.
- Cast Spell: Right-click on your selected spell (e.g., Wind Strike) and choose the "Autocast" option. This will allow you to continuously cast the spell without additional clicks.
Step 5: AFK Training
Splashing is known for its afkable nature, which means you can train your Magic skill while being away from the keyboard for extended periods. However, remember to periodically check your screen to ensure you are still splashing and haven't been disrupted.
The experience rates for splashing can vary based on your Magic level, gear, and the chosen NPC. On average, you can expect around 10,000-15,000 Magic experience per hour when splashing with level 1 Magic.
Splashing is a fantastic method to train your Magic skill in Old School RuneScape while multitasking or taking breaks. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you'll be able to set up a successful splashing session and watch your Magic experience soar. Remember to choose suitable NPCs, gather the necessary gear and runes, and find a safe spot before unleashing your magical prowess. Have fun and enjoy your journey to becoming a master of Magic!
Disclaimer: Splashing may not be the most efficient way to train your Magic skill at higher levels. It is recommended to explore alternative training methods once you have progressed further in the game.
Note: This guide is accurate as of September 2021 and may be subject to changes in future