Skotizo, the demonic boss in Old School RuneScape (OSRS), is a formidable foe that requires skill, strategy, and preparation to defeat. In this ultimate Skotizo guide, we'll walk you through everything you need to know about this boss fight, including its mechanics, recommended gear setups, and effective strategies.
Skotizo can be found within the Catacombs of Kourend, accessible by using a Xeric's Talisman to teleport directly to the entrance. To begin the fight, players must offer a Dark Totem, which can be assembled from four different Dark Totem pieces dropped by monsters within the Catacombs.
- Completion of the Lair of Tarn Razorlor miniquest.
- A Dark Totem assembled from four Totem pieces.
Recommended Gear Setup
Before engaging in combat with Skotizo, it's crucial to have the right equipment. Here's a recommended gear setup for this boss fight:
- Helmet: Neitiznot/Fighter Hat/Verac's Helm
- Amulet: Fury/Amulet of Torture
- Weapon: Abyssal Whip/Dragon Scimitar/Blade of Saeldor
- Shield: Dragon Defender/Dragonfire Shield/Crystal Shield
- Body: Bandos Chestplate/Dharok's Platebody
- Legs: Bandos Tassets/Barrows Legs/Dharok's Platelegs
- Boots: Primordial Boots/Dragon Boots
- Cape: Fire Cape/Ardougne Cloak/Infernal Cape
- Gloves: Barrows Gloves/Dragon Gloves
- Ring: Berserker Ring (i)/Warrior Ring (i)/Bracelet of Torture
- Helmet: Karil's Coif/Armadyl Helmet
- Amulet: Fury/Amulet of Glory
- Weapon: Blowpipe/Rune Crossbow with Broad Bolts
- Body: Karil's Leathertop/Black Dragonhide Body
- Legs: Karil's Leatherskirt/Black Dragonhide Chaps
- Boots: Pegasian Boots/Ranger Boots
- Cape: Ava's Assembler/Ava's Accumulator/Fire Cape
- Gloves: Barrows Gloves/Black D'hide Vambraces
- Ring: Archers Ring (i)/Ring of Wealth
- Helmet: Ancestral Hat (imbued if possible)/Ahrim's Hood/Mystic Hat
- Amulet: Occult Necklace/Tormented Bracelet
- Weapon: Trident of the Swamp/Master Wand/Iban's Staff
- Shield: Malediction Ward/Mages' Book
- Body: Ancestral Robe Top/Karil's Leathertop/Mystic Robe Top
- Legs: Ancestral Robe Bottoms/Karil's Leatherskirt/Mystic Robe Bottoms
- Boots: Eternal Boots/Wizard Boots
- Cape: Imbued God Cape/Imbued Saradomin Cape/Magic Cape
- Gloves: Barrows Gloves/Mystic Gloves
- Ring: Seers' Ring (i)/Ring of Wealth
Strategies for Defeating Skotizo
Phase 1: Regular Attack
During the first phase, Skotizo will primarily use melee attacks. You should focus on dealing damage while avoiding his special attacks:
- Protect from Melee: Activate the Protect from Melee prayer to reduce incoming damage.
- Dark Energy Orb Attack: Skotizo emits a dark energy orb that moves toward the player. Avoid contact with the orb, as it can deal significant damage.
- Giant Shadow Spawns: Skotizo summons several Giant Shadow spawns throughout the fight. It's important to stay mobile and avoid getting overwhelmed by them.
Phase 2: Magical Attack
In the second phase, Skotizo switches to magical attacks. Adjust your combat style and tactics accordingly:
- Protect from Missiles: Activate the Protect from Missiles prayer to reduce incoming ranged damage.
- Dark Energy Spawn: Skotizo creates Dark Energy Spawns that explode upon contact. Move away from them to avoid taking damage.
- Shadow Clones: Skotizo spawns shadow clones that mimic its movement. Focus on the main boss and avoid attacking the clones.
Rewards and XP Rates
Upon defeating Skotizo, you will be rewarded with valuable loot, including unique drops such as the **Sk